ABAP for begginers
ABAP is the programming language for the enterprise software SAP R/3 & SAP Netweaver of SAP A.G., which is used for writing commercial applications. In its basic structure, it is similar to Cobol, an old programming language.
In the origin of SAP A.G. and its application software, ABAP meant "Allgemeiner Berichts-Anwendungs-Prozessor" (german for General Processor for Reports and Applications). This was based in the principle that in a beggining it was only possible to program very specific evaluations from client (reports, in few words) but no change in the data base was possible.
With the development of the technology and after years, it means now "Advanced Business Application Programming".
The content of this course is as follows:
- ABAP editor and its characteristics
- Configuration of the ABAP Editor
- Debugger and Watchpoints
- Attributes and programme types
- Your first ABAP programme
- Documentation and comments
- Creation of a selection screen
- Instruction Select
- Titles for the report and column headers
- Events in reports (part 1)
- Data objects and data types
- Instruction AT when processing lists
- Local data and general data
- Events OVR and OHR on the screen
- Functions and calling functions
- Numeric, mathematic and time operations
- Conditions and logical expressions
- Actions over the list
- Hotspots and At-Line-Selection
- Programmes of type Include
- Advanced use of Select
This course can be done in 1 week in full-time, in several weekends or in several work days taking 2-4 hours per day, depending on availability and negotiations.